TO DO LISTS
Happy February yall! To be honest, February is typically my least favorite month of the year because of how cold and dark it can get, so I am hoping this to do list makes it a little bit brighter!
1. Eat ice cream for breakfast for National Ice cream for Breakfast Day on Feb 3rd! If you've been following me for awhile, you know I LOVE ice cream (Talenti sea salt caramel gelato is my personal favorite) so this will be an easy one for me to celebrate. If I were you, I'd use fill up a favorite mug with a few different flavors. My favorite combination is Talenti's double dark chocolate and sea salt caramel with a few chunks of homemade edible cookie dough for good measure.
2. Send a card to a friend on February 7th for "send a card to a friend" day! There are some really cute Valentine's Day cards you can go ahead and stock up on for that here.
4. Send someone (or you know, maybe just yourself) flowers and candy in honor of Valentine's Day!
6. "Love your pet day" is February 20th! I'll be giving Rocky Henson extra hugs today to celebrate :)
7. Cheers to national margarita day on February 22nd! Call some of your best friends and celebrate over extra guac and queso too.
8. February also happens to be National Chocolate Lovers' month (I know, I know, I thought that was every month too...)! Consider this an excuse to buy extra chocolate. I'm a recent fan on desserts in a mug and will be making this chocolate cake in a mug at least once a week!
9. Floral design day is February 28th! Take notes on these floral arranging tips, head to a local flower shop, and start creating arrangements to give and keep. If it's not your thing, maybe just send some flower arrangements through Bouqs.
*Please note that the art featured on these to do lists is are (C) Evelyn Henson and are for personal use only. It is illegal to steal and use the art for non-personal use, including but not limited to blogs, websites, and your company marketing materials.
Your brightly decorated life starts with this to do list. Which of the below do you plan on crossing off this month? Tag @evelyn_henson on instagram to share!
1. Pop bubbly for the first day of the year.
2. Make your NYE kiss a pawsome one. (TBH #rockyhenson added this one to the list)
3. Invent a hot chocolate recipe with a secret ingredient. Mine's going to be similar to this, but I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to add it it. All I'm going to say is that this secret ingredient was *mint* to be there ;)
4. Try a new soup for national soup month. I'm eyeing this quick homemade ramen recipe and this 5 ingredient deliciousness.
5. Eat a stack of pancakes bigger than your 2018 dreams (rainbow sprinkles recommended, but not necessary).
6. Bring funfetti popcorn to work for national popcorn day (Jan 19th). Here's a simple recipe that anyone can do!
7. Host a cheesy potluck for national cheese-lover's day (Jan 20th). This, this, and this would all be crowd pleasers.
8. Write notes for national handwriting day (January 23rd). But stock up on these cards first! They'll make your handwriting look cute even if you write totally illegibly you know?!
9. Text 24 compliments on national compliment day (Jan 24th). And just FYI....you'll be getting a really cute e-card this day to help you out with this one!
Happy January! XX
- Bake cookies for Santa (okay, & for yourself!): Pair these cookies with milk and Santa will go crazy!
- Create a brightly decorated Christmas tree!: Make this key token of Christmas merry and bright(ly) decorated!
- Host a white elephant party & surprise your friends with a holiday cocktail!: We found these step by step instructions to throw the perfect white elephant party! Don't forget about the cocktail!
- Kiss a puppy under the mistletoe!: Meet your four-legged friend under the mistletoe!
- Drink hot chocolate with extra marshmallows & sprinkles! : This recipe deems itself the worlds best hot chocolate! Test it out and make sure to add extra sprinkles!!
- Give to others-- especially those in need!: Celebrate the season of giving with those in need!
Have a wonderful holiday season! If you cross anything off this BDL to do list, be sure to share by tagging @evelyn_henson on instagram and/or by using the #brightlydecoratedlife hashtag! XX
- Celebrate Friendsgiving with a delicious feast!: Be thankFULL for all your friends with this Friendsgiving 101 guide!
- Tell your friends and family that you're thankful for them!: Give your friends a family a little extra love for all they do!
- Curl up by a fire & read your all time favorite book!: Remember these classics?! Relive your childhood with these great adventures!
- Show gratitude on Veterans Day with baked goods!: Bake up some goodies on November 11 to thank those who have served our country!
- Take a road trip to the mountains!: Get away for a weekend and discover what the High Country has to offer!
- Play (& win!) board games with your family!: We found the best board games for a family game night! Happy gaming!
Have a wonderful month! If you cross anything off this BDL to do list, be sure to share by tagging @evelyn_henson on instagram and/or by using the #brightlydecoratedlife hashtag! XX