When I was around 16, my mom set off to go pick up our family's third dog (a maltipoo); instead, she came back with both a maltipoo and and a teacup yorkie (who would later become my best pal: Rocky Henson). Knowing my dad wouldn't immediately be on board with having 4 dogs in addition to 5 kids, we hid little Rocky (who was initially the size of a hamster) from him in our pool house for a few weeks. When we finally let him in the house with the rest of us, I don't think any of us knew how much love and joy his tiny little 4 lb self would bring. I took Rocky to live with me on/off after I graduated from college and he was truly the best pal anyone could ask for. He was not only undeniably cute, but overwhelmingly sweet. His life goal was just to be with you (even if that meant me sneaking him into Target in my winter coat). I will greatly miss having him sleep in my lap as I work, taking him on bike rides, and watching Netflix with him.
Sadly, after a couple weeks of what was thought to be vertigo, the vet discovered Rocky (age 11) had a brain lesion. When he didn't respond to any treatment, we had to say our goodbyes. It was heartbreaking. He will be dearly missed by my entire family, especially his best friends Lulu, Bailey, and Muffy.
Below are some of his many accomplishments:
- Earned some of the lowest scores ever recorded in Henson family Mario Kart.
- Given the "best friend ever" award from Evelyn Henson from 2007-2018.
- Broke the Evelyn Henson Guinness Book of World Records: Dog Edition for being cute a record breaking number of times (the entire 11 years of his life).
- Awarded a Grammy in 2007 for "Best New Bark"
- Voted MVP by the Georgia Bulldogs for his essential, irreplaceable role.
- Posed for Pups Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition from 2007-2018.
- To promote his belief that dogs should be carried everywhere, Rocky led other dogs in boycotting walks nationwide.
- Received a gold medal in pool floating at the Pup Olympics in 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- A record breaking 11 time Oscar winner for his unbelievable performance as cutest dog ever.
- Received an honorary doctorate in Medicine for his care taking skills.
- Awarded a Medal of Freedom in 2011 for his kindness, which made him an inspiration to dogs and people everywhere.