A Brightly Decorated Life with Amelia Earhart
Amelia Earhart's Brightly Decorated Life:
1. By becoming the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic (among other records), Earhart literally went the extra mile.
2. Earhart wasn't afraid to skirt the rules. Supposedly the pilot refused to wear traditional flying gear and later marketed her own fashion line.
3. She valued female friendships: Earhart took lessons from fellow female aviator Neta Snook and talked flying with Eleanor Roosevelt (see this letter)
4. Given Earhart took classes at both Columbia University and Harvard, I think it's safe to say she valued wisdom and gumption.
5. Amelia Earhart's an adventurer at heart.